Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pacers Game 6 Preview



Game 5 may have been the lowest point in my entire life of loving sports. I honestly considered taking a bath with the toaster in the 2nd quarter. Pacers fans turned on the team quickly and the game was over with 9:00 left in the 3rd. It doesn't help that that cocksmoke Steve Smith was calling the game. I've said it before, but NBATv may be the worst network available in the United States. Having said all that, I fully expect the Pacers to bring this thing back home to Indy for a Game 7.

To win tonight, the Pacers have to lock down the 3 point line. It's confusing to me because a hallmark of the early Frank Vogel Pacer teams was that they ran other teams off the 3 point arc. Somewhere this season that changed. I think we can all agree that Roy shouldn't play more than 15-20 min tonight. Our best lineups have been with quicker bigs that can guard on an extended floor. I'd actually like to see Cope a lot more, but Vogel stashed him on the end of the bench all season so I don't know how realistic it is to expect a game changing performance out of him.

The game is going to be won or lost by the efforts of 2 players. Paul George absolutely dominate tonight. He's looked good in flashes on both ends of the floor by locking down Teague and lighting it up on offense, but it's gotta be for the full 48 minutes tonight. DWest has to assert his will. When he gets in his intense win at all cost moods, his personality influences every other Pacer. I'd like to see him pound Millsap down low hard in the first quarter.

Game's at 7. Pacers are going All In and bringing it back to Indy for Game 7.

PS- Not cool at all people robbing PG's house.

Follow me during the game, I'll be tweeting @IndySportsJoe

No comments:

Post a Comment