Friday, May 2, 2014

A Man About Town: Sun King Brewery

So I'm gonna start doing a series of me going to the best places in the area. I'm looking for the most fun places in Indy or hidden gems that residents should experience. The first place in this series is Sun King Brewery.

I'm a big fan of Sun King.  It's probably the best amongst the Indianapolis craft beer scene. They make good beer and their Friday deal for growler fills for $5 is unbeatable. Sun King is basically a big factory that has a large open area with a few high top tables (no chairs). You go in and they give you 6 tickets for dixie cups of beer samples, 3 for their regular  and 3 for whatever specialty beers on tap. I'm generally not a fan of the specialties but the Osiris, Wee Mac, and Sunlight Cream Ale are all pretty good. I usually get 2 growlers of Wee Mac and do the samples. It's a great place to bring out of town guests or a good starting point for a Friday (weekend) bender. The place is slightly hipsterish, but its not only slight and not annoying like some other hipster places. I wish they had food and chairs, but that's why its a good starting point.

If you know of any place/ events I should try leave a comment or let me know via Twitter @IndySportsJoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment