Thursday, May 8, 2014

NFL Draft First Round
Hey at least we can't draft Tony Ugoh again.

No pick for the Colts in the first, but I'll still be watching. Here are the things I'm looking forward to the most.

1. Johnny Football- In talking to my friends today, I realized that I'm probably the only person in the world who likes Johnny Football. Will he be a huge bust? Probably, but if he turns out I want to be the guy who brags that I knew all along he was going to be a stud. Questions of where he gets drafted are wide ranging. I've heard everything from #1 to #16 for the Cowboys. He won't fall past the Cowboys because Jerry Jones is the only person harder than me for JFF in the NFL. 

2. The Browns- Can you imagine how incredible it would be if the Browns draft Johnny Football and he leads them to a Super Bowl? Chills. It probably won't happen, but a guy can hope. A lot of my friends are Browns fans and I always enjoy watching the Browns picks, keeping track of them, and then watching them flame out. Wait Trent Richardson was a Browns pick? Fuck, nevermind about that flaming out part. 

3. Trades/ Adam Scheffter-

I actually respect Adam Schefter and he's actually pretty good at his job. That would be the end of my discussion of Schefter if I didn't have to see his smug fucking face and his whole schtick with the two cell phones. The tweet above perfectly sums up Schefter's arrogance. I hate that fucking midget, but trades are exciting and the tension between him and Mort is fantastic. 

4. Michael Sam- I love the gays, I've been a big supporter for a long time now and I'm truly happy to see a gay player finally in the NFL. And regardless of his sexual orientation, he seems like a good kid in every interview I've seen. He won't go round one, but I'm interested in how long the NFL can justify not drafting the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.  And don't kid yourself, his fall is 95% because he's gay and the NFL is still fairly bigoted. Notice how the knocks on his skills didn't come until after he came out.  I sincerely hope he has a monster NFL career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment